Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

My Brain Won't Stick to One Topic


My random thoughts of the day in no particular order. Enjoy. Or don't. It's one of those nights that makes me long for morning so I can have an entire pot of some coffee, so I'm not going to be picky.
  • I am totally bummed about Patrick Swayze. But at least the pain is gone. (Note: It kind of drives me crazy when a celeb dies and people who never met that person completely lose it like they were best friends. But a life is gone, so I understand being sad. Right now, I'm sad.)
  • This sunburn is either going to kill me or send me to the loony bin. There is no positive option. Also, the only place I'm really peeling is above my lip, which kind of makes me look like I have a mustache. Awesome.
  • That brown sugar face mask was a fun idea, except now I can't get the sticky feeling off of my face and I'm craving baked goods.
  • Screw growing my hair out for the wedding. It's driving me nuts, so I'm chopping it off. Not myself, obviously. That would be disastrous. 
  •  I think I am going to go to bed early because I am crabby and I don't like it. Or maybe I'll watch Dirty Dancing and ball my eyes out cry a little.
Leave me a comment to cheer me up?

6 comments :

That Kind of Girl said...

I'm with you on the celebrity death thing: I mean, it's sad, of course it's sad (and Swayze! sigh), but, dudes, perspective. I was seriously freaked out when a couple of my friends when into honest to goodness Civil-War-era MOURNING over Michael Jackson. Like, surely you have somewhere else to channel those emotions, guys.

Although sleep (+blogging) are always the best cures for a nighttime case of grumpiness, you have a pretty good idea in watching Dirty Dancing and letting loose with a couple of tears. For my money, you just can't beat sobbing at a movie for therapeutic release for all of life's stupid little problems!

Anonymous said...

Hm...how to cheer you up? I'm not so great under pressure, but I hope things look up in the morning! :)

De said...

Hope things are better today. I agree that there's just something about crying your way through a movie that helps put life back in perspective. Hmm, maybe I need to go dig out Dirty Dancing.

Chris Gooch said...

I'm going for a Point Break fix myself - great way to cheer up!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a better day.
Btw, great blog!

Red Boots said...

It's ok to be sad. I feel the same - Patrick Swayze has been with me since childhood (an early obsession with Dirty Dancing) and so it feels like I have lost something from my childhood :( My best friend and I would spend hours learning the dances. It didn't help that I thought the words to "Hungry Eyes" were "Humphrey's Eyes" until the age of about 22...! xx